Purpose Dance Competition Inc. reserves the right to add or cancel days based on registration.
MAY 5-7, 2023
DELTA GUELPH HOTEL
50 STONE ROAD WEST, GUELPH ONTARIO, N1G 0A9
What you should know when you get there…
EVENT UPDATES: Please continue to check our website for updates and/or contact your Studio Director.
THEATRE ACCESS & PARKING: Rehearsal room and change room doors will open 1 hour prior to showtime each morning. House/ballroom doors open 15 minutes prior to show time. Parking is free/complimentary for overnight guests and daytime attendees.
FOOD & DRINK: Restaurant “Bar Mason” located in the hotel lobby.
PROPS: We cannot guarantee that storage space will be provided for props. Please be prepared to load props in and out as needed. Backstage access will be provided 1 hour prior to show times for prop arrival.
MUSIC: Music can be submitted directly through your Computition account.
- STUDIO OWNERS/DIRECTORS ONLY: Please sign-in to your Computition dashboard where you will see the option to “Upload Music Files”.
- Accepted Music Formats: .wav, .mp3, .m4a, or .mp4
- Non Compatible Media Formats: .mov and .qt (QuickTime music files)
BACK UP MUSIC: We ask that all Studio Owners/Directors have backup copies on hand at the event.
- A USB, iPod, iPad, laptop or cellphone can be used for backup music ONLY.
- Adapters (if needed) must be provided by Studio Owners/Directors and/or teachers as we cannot guarantee compatibility from device to device.
NOTE: Teachers are responsible to play backup music. We ask that teachers are present at the music table to give any special cues. We cannot guarantee that a pitch control change can be precisely made. It is best to pre-pitch all music to avoid technical issues.
- Purpose Dance Directors recommend that dancers arrive dressed and ready in costume, with hair and makeup done, for their first performance. Arriving ready will allow for more usable space in the change rooms.
- Purpose Dance Directors recommend that dancers refrain from using Rac N Rolls as they take up usable space.
- Purpose Dance Directors recommend that parents and/or guardians of dancers 12 years of age or older refrain from being in the change rooms unless absolutely necessary.
PROGRAMS: Show programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise booth in the main lobby. Electronic programs will not be available.
LIVE STREAMING: All performances and awards ceremonies will be live streamed. Our live stream can be accessed via the Purpose Dance website homepage.
The competition is located inside the hotel conference centre.
ADDRESS: 50 STONE ROAD WEST, GUELPH ONTARIO, N1G 0A9
Purpose Dance Competition May 2023 Event Summary
Start Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2023
End Date: Monday, May 8, 2023
Last Day to Book: Thursday, April 20, 2023
Special Group Rate: $165 CAD – $190 CAD per night
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your reservation for no charge until April 6, 2023. A non-refundable deposit of one night room and tax will be collected following this date. You may shorten your reservation for no charge until April 20, 2023. A non-refundable deposit for the remainder of your stay will be collected following this date.
Book your group rate for Purpose Dance Competition May 2023
DAILY ACCESS TIMES:
FRIDAY, MAY 5:
SATURDAY, MAY 6:
SUNDAY, MAY 7: