Purpose Dance Competition Inc. reserves the right to add or cancel days based on registration.
APRIL 15-16, 2023
SANDERSON CENTREc88 DALHOUSIE STREET, BRANTFORD ONTARIO, N3T 2J2
What you should know when you get there…
EVENT UPDATES: Please continue to check our website for updates and/or contact your Studio Director.
THEATRE ACCESS & PARKING: Venue doors will open 1 hour prior to showtime each morning. House/theatre doors open 15 minutes prior to show time. PAID on-site parking is available.
PROPS: We cannot guarantee that storage space will be provided for props. Please be prepared to load props in and out as needed. Backstage access will be provided 1 hour prior to show times for prop arrival.
TRAILER PARKING: Please note that trailer parking is not permitted in the loading dock area. A permit is required from the city in order to park your trailer in the loading dock vicinity on the road. Should you require a permit, you are required to contact Parking Enforcement directly.
MUSIC: Music can be submitted directly through your Computition account.
- STUDIO OWNERS/DIRECTORS ONLY: Please sign-in to your Computition dashboard where you will see the option to “Upload Music Files”.
- Accepted Music Formats: .wav, .mp3, .m4a, or .mp4
- Non Compatible Media Formats: .mov and .qt (QuickTime music files)
BACK UP MUSIC: We ask that all Studio Owners/Directors have backup copies on hand at the event.
- A USB, iPod, iPad, laptop or cellphone can be used for backup music ONLY.
- Adapters (if needed) must be provided by Studio Owners/Directors and/or teachers as we cannot guarantee compatibility from device to device.
NOTE: Teachers are responsible to play backup music. We ask that teachers are present at the music table to give any special cues. We cannot guarantee that a pitch control change can be precisely made. It is best to pre-pitch all music to avoid technical issues.
RAC N ROLL POLICY: The Sanderson Centre has implemented a policy banning Rac N Rolls from the facility. The Sanderson Centre change rooms are equipped with hanging shelves/racks for dancers to properly store their costumes. The policy was put into place to allow more changing space for dancers and to clear entrances and exits from obstructions. The policy is NOT that of Purpose Dance Competition Inc. We are advising attendees to cooperate with the policy to avoid any inconvenience when arriving at the event.
- Purpose Dance Directors recommend that dancers arrive dressed and ready in costume, with hair and makeup done, for their first performance. Arriving ready will allow for more usable space in the change rooms.
- Purpose Dance Directors recommend that parents and/or guardians of dancers 12 years of age or older refrain from being in the change rooms unless absolutely necessary.
PROGRAMS: Show programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise booth in the main lobby. Electronic programs will not be available.
LIVE STREAMING: All performances and awards ceremonies will be live streamed. Our live stream can be accessed via the Purpose Dance website homepage.
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Brantford
20 Fen Ridge Court, Brantford ON, N3V 1G2
T: 519-720-0084 | W: www.hamptoninnbrantford.com
Hotel: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Brantford Conference Centre, ON
Group Name: Purpose Dance 2023
Arrival Date: April 13, 2023
Departure Date: April 16, 2023
Cancellation Policy: All reservations are non-amendable and non-cancellable after 30 days prior to arrival. One night fee will apply if not cancelled 30 days prior to arrival.
- Free breakfast offered daily (7:00 AM – 10:00 AM)
- Free high-speed and Wireless Internet access in the lobby and all guest rooms.
- Mini-fridge and microwave in each room.
- Free Parking
- Early arrival available as per individual request.
DAILY ACCESS TIMES:
SATURDAY, APRIL 15:
SUNDAY, APRIL 16: